Single Education Publishers
To be the leading provider of quality books for primary schools in this region.
To provide high quality, attractive and easy to use books; professional publishing services, and to promote a positive reading culture. Our books promise to deliver an exciting reading and learning atmosphere everywhere, everytime.
- Professionalism in all our business dealings.
- Integrity, openness and transparency.
- Creativity to anticipate the changes and needs of our clients.
- Teamwork, encouraging participation of all employees.
- Equal opportunities for employment.
Single Education and Publishers Ltd. was established in 2002, taking over from Single Publishers, which was established in 1984. The founder, Mrs R N Kinyua, was a long time educationist, specializing in lower primary teaching. Her vision was built on the realization that:
- Teachers needed:
- A resourceful book from whence they could derive exercises to test the pupils' understanding of what they had been taught.
- A book that would offer further explanation to enhance the curriculum.
- Pupils yearned for textbooks that they could write and color on thereby giving life to the learning experience.
- Exercises for Standard One English, by R N Kinyua
- Exercises for Standard Two English, by R N Kinyua
- Exercises for Standard Three English, by R N Kinyua
- Learn to read English by sounds, by R N Kinyua
- Mazoezi ya Kiswahili darasa la Kwanza , by R N Kinyua, P Ngugi and G Matti
- Mazoezi ya Kiswahili darasa la Pili, by R N Kinyua
- Mazoezi ya Kiswahili darasa la Tatu, by R N Kinyua
- Exercises for Standard One Mathematics, by R N Kinyua
- Kofia ya Kadogo, by R W Karani
A number of these publications once received a recommendation from the Kenya Institute of Education. They had a major impact in the market and were used countrywide as supplementary books.
Channels of Distribution
The Company has used all major bookshops, schools and trade fairs to expose and avail its' publications.
The Company takes positively the fight to vie for a place in the textbook recommendation by KIE, thereby increasing its' slice in the market.
The Company has:
- Published 9 titles which have been received well in the country.
- Successfully launched its Math series.
- Emerged a winner of the Jomo Kenyatta Prize for Literature in Kiswahili Children's' fiction.
The Company aims to become a trendsetter in provision of high quality educational materials in Kenya and beyond; setting pace as the voice of “fun in learning” and being at the forefront of curriculum implementation.
For more information visit our website www.singlepublishers.co.ke
Contact Person: Caroline M Kinyua
Postal Address: P.O. Box 14451 , 00800 Nairobi
Cellphone: +254 722 709 317